In-person, self-service visits to Maze Branch, as they are at the Main Library, look different than they did in pre-COVID times.
- For everyone’s safety, masks are required to enter and stay inside.
- Physical distancing of 6 feet is encouraged.
- Some tables and chairs (placed at a physical distance of at least six feet) are available for use.
- Children’s furniture and toys will not be available.
- Study rooms and meeting rooms are unavailable.
- Laptops are not available to check out for onsite use. Borrow for home use »
- We hope to reintroduce services as conditions continue to improve.
- A total safe building occupancy limit of 80 has been determined with the help of the Oak Park Health Department. This number will be displayed in real time at Maze’s first-floor desk and in the bar at the top of this website.
- In-person staff assistance is available.
Maze open hours
- Mondays-Wednesdays, 2-6 pm
- Thursdays-Saturdays, 10 am-2 pm
- Sundays, 2-6 pm
Maze services available
- New! Download the self-checkout app; Learn more about Meescan »
- Browse and self-checkout materials.
- Pick up holds.
- Return items; exterior book drops open now »
- Public computers are available by appointment for 1 hour for anyone who has a library card registered with the Oak Park Public Library. Call ahead to 708.386.4751 or visit the service desk to schedule a 60-minute appointment. Learn more »
- Print, scan, copy, and fax.
Dole Branch to remain closed
Dole Branch, because of its even smaller square footage and lower safe occupancy numbers, will remain closed at this time. We will continue to monitor closely factors such as the local infection rate and the completion of vaccinations of library staff members to determine when in-person services will resume.